DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Parham Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors' Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors' Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
About our CCU Critical Care Unit:
- You will work on a 14 bed unit that provides continuous 24/7 monitoring of patients who are critically ill with life-threatening injury or diseases.
- RNs on this unit will utilize their skills in advanced heart monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, feeding tubes, and catheters.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Critical Care.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending results of State Board.
Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying.
Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia or compact license.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website