DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
- 25 Bed ER
- Dedicated Autism and Sensory friendly Pediatric ER
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center - we have been certified for providing critical treatments for improved outcomes in long-term stroke care
- Gold Seal for Chest Pain accredited by The Joint Commission - streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
QualificationsEXPERIENCE Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval. Preferred - One year experience in Emergency services. EDUCATION Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a Bachelor of nursing program. CERTIFICATIONS Required - BLS Preferred - ACLS, PALS, and CPI required within six (6) months of hire TNCC and ENPC as available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website