SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Shift Requirements: Minimum 4 OR 6 12-hour shifts per pay period.
PRN employees are eligible for shift differentials, weekend differentials, and holiday pay.
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Hanover Emergency Center provides emergency care fast and close to home. Conveniently located in Mechanicsville at the corner of Atlee Road and 301 in Rutland Commons, our emergency room is open 24/7. This full-service ER has the same advanced technologies and services you would find at a hospital's emergency room, but in the community where you live and work.
Hanover Emergency Center was designed specifically around patient comfort. Patients are offered the highest quality of care with private treatment rooms, including specialty rooms for trauma, pediatric and behavioral health patients. We also use the most advanced diagnostic technologies including an on-site laboratory, dedicated digital X-ray room and computerized tomography (CT) scanner.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
About the Freestanding ER:
- 12 Bed All private treatment rooms
- 24/7 Full-service emergency care including pediatrics
- Treatment for minor illness and injury (sprains, strains, breaks, falls, coughs, colds, UTIs)
- Care of major medical concerns (drug overdose, burns, GYN, sepsis)
- Treatment for heart concerns (chest pain, shortness of breath, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrest)
- Treatment for respiratory issues (asthma, COPD, respiratory arrest, shortness of breath)
- Treatment for life issues (animal bites, allergic reactions, cuts, wounds)/li>
- Treatment for emotional wellness (acute and chronic behavioral health)
- Advanced imaging equipment including 3D mammography, CT scanner, digital ultrasound, digital diagnostic and portable X-rays
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
EDUCATIONRequired - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a RN in the State of Virginia or compact license.. Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a Bachelor of nursing program.
EXPERIENCERequired - 1 year ER experience. CERTIFICATIONS Required - BLS Preferred - ACLS, PALS, and CPI required within six (6) months of hire TNCC and ENPC as available We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website