DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
***For a limited time, Henrico Doctors Hospital is offering up to $10,000 sign-on bonus to Registered Nurses with at least 1 year of nursing experience. Current HCA employees do not qualify. *** Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
About Progressive Surgical Unit PSU:
- 12 private beds
- Types of patients include transplant, trauma, surgery, critically ill, step down surgical unit etc.
- Fast pace unit that is a great stepping-stone to critical care allowing a nurse graduate to develop foundational nursing skills, learn medications, task management, and develop critical thinking skills
- This unit requires a nurse who can perform in a fast pace setting and quickly learn task prioritization and time management with the support of leadership
The PSU Registered Nurse reports directly to the unit Clinical Manager, and is responsible and accountable for the delivery of patient care through the utilization of the nursing process in accordance with physicians' orders, established policies and procedures, established professional standards, and administrative hospital-wide policies.
- Previous experience working with step down/telemetry patients.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
QualificationsEXPERIENCE Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying. EDUCATION Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia or compact license.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website