The Program Director develops, plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs the overall operation of the Post-Acute Program for Patients in Recovery in accordance with professional ethics while maintaining compliance with federal, state, local guidelines and regulations in accordance with Genesis policies & procedures and standards of care for specialty practice.
The Program Director is responsible for the delivery of a therapeutic recovery-based comprehensive program while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she operates within his/her scope of practice while coaching and mentoring aspects of patient/resident care to licensed and unlicensed staff consistent with their scope of practice and in accordance with the Program Philosophy and Standards of Care. The position requires that the individual develop and maintain a quality program which offers patients with a substance use disorder robust recovery-based services, therapeutically addressing the strengths and needs of individual patients/residents.
1. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
2. Creates an environment that is respectful, team oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients/residents, and families.
3. Develops and maintains a good working rapport with intra-departmental personnel.
4. Nurtures an interprofessional team culture in caring for patients in recovery for the development and implementation of interventions that focus on clinical conditions and treatment plans.
1. Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs a comprehensive Post-Acute Program for Patients in Recovery. Accountable for measuring outcomes to interventions. 2. Works with the Center Executive Director to develop, allocate and control the budget for the Post-Acute Program for Patients in Recovery to ensure sufficient resources in order to maintain a safe environment and effective programming.
3. Actively participates in the Center's/Community's outreach and establishment of alliances with hospital and community partners.
4. Actively participates in the Center's/Community's business planning process including implementation of marketing plan.
5. Manages staffing:
a. Determines the staffing needs of the department necessary to meet the needs of the patients/residents; Ensures patient/resident care assignments are consistent with staff competencies, scope of practice and the needs of the patients/residents;
b. Recruits, interviews, hires, on-boards, and evaluates all Program staff;
c. Coordinates and implements orientation for all new Program staff;
d. Provides oversight and approves department schedules to include position control and pay practices;
e. Reviews and evaluates the performance of staff as well as coaching and mentoring staff according to established company personnel policy;
f. Provides direction to department management regarding individual performance improvement plans, problem resolution, and disciplinary actions;
g. Recommends and facilitates employee promotions, transfers and terminations;
6. Provides oral and written reports/recommendations to the Center Executive Director concerning the operation of the Post-Acute Care Program for Patients in Recovery.
7. Ensures regulatory compliance of the Post-Acute Care Program for Patients in Recovery.
8. Serves as active contributor in designated Center/Community meetings (Morning Meeting, Utilization Management, Customer at Risk, etc.).
9. May need to be available after hours or during the weekends for emergencies or work beyond scheduled shift if needed, to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients/residents.
10. Assumes administrative responsibilities of the Center/Community for weekend and holiday coverage as requested.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: 1. Demonstrates management, organizational, critical thinking, communication, and stress management skills. 2. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of mental health theory and approaches to serving adults with mental illness including an awareness and understanding of relevant evidenced-based practices within the field. 3. Possesses extensive knowledge of mental illnesses, disease processes, Mental Health & Recovery support interventions, and crisis management including both individual and group programmatic approaches to care. 4. Demonstrated ability to lead a clinical management team and monitor resident treatment and care. 5. Ability to liaison, and coordinated care with external consultants and community agencies such as community based mental health, criminal justice and court systems. 6. Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal & written) 7. Proficient in technological skills and tools required for practice.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 355630
Center Name: Heritage Center
Apply on company website