POSITION SUMMARY: The Guest Services Director oversees Customer Service, Recreation & Entertainment, the Gift Shop, and Salon Services; supervises Guest Services Department staff, receptionists and volunteers; is a member of the interdisciplinary and management team; and instructs all staff to ensure their involvement in each guest's life. The Guest Services Director is responsible for ensuring personal life Recreation, and programs to encourage and stimulate customers to enjoy full and rich lives. The Guest Services Director supports customers in maintaining their typical/preferred routines during their stay in a center.
The Guest Services Director listens to what customers want, advocates for their quality of life, maintains flexibility to meet the needs of a variety of customers, and delivers on the small but important requests.
1. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the services provided by the center.
3. Works with center staff in resolving customer concerns. If unable to resolve, reports to Administrator/ED;
4. Provides training and serves as a facility-wide coach to maintain the highest level of customer service.
a. Trains all new and existing staff in the Genesis approach to customer service and the benefits and value of involvement in Guest Services. Presents the Customer Service component of new employee Orientation.
b. Provides additional customer service training monthly and as needed based on feedback from center management, employees, customer satisfaction survey results, complaints and observation by the Guest services director using course work from Genesis U and other sources.
c. Promotes a culture that understands and is focused on excellent customer service.
5. Works with individual departments to identify what they can do to promote excellent customer service within their part of the team. Sets standards for each department.
6. Manages the monthly and annual customer satisfaction survey process within the facility, responsible for the facility's customer satisfaction scores and response rates.
7. Manages the Discharge Follow-up process. Ensures that discharged patients are contacted within 72 hours after discharge.
8. Collects data and reports to the QI Committee on Customer Satisfaction and customer service activity within the facility.
9. Coordinates the Partner Program to ensure successful transition of new patients into Center life, including: ensuring that rooms are ready for new Admissions & readmissions; obtaining preference and choice profile from patient and/or family; becomes familiar with new customers within 48 hours of admission.
10. Ensures a meaningful Guest Services program for all guests that includes creative, intellectual, physical, service, social, and spiritual individual and group opportunities each week based on the customer's needs, interests, abilities, preferences, treatment plans and goals.
a. Assists with scheduling of patient's/resident's day to support their preferred routine.
b. Encourages patient/resident involvement in Guest Services planning.
11. Works closely with all departments (Dining Services, Nursing, Environmental, Rehabilitation, Social Services, etc.) to coordinate offerings, celebrations, and customer service.
12. Communicates Recreation and resources available through newsletters, flyers, calendars of events, personal contact, etc. on a timely basis.
13. Provides resources for the special interests of customers, whenever possible, as well as materials for independent activity. Maintains flexibility in the program for spontaneous Recreation; ensures facility is supporting customers in maintaining preferred routines
14. Surveys guests periodically for input on programs, classes, outings, demonstrations, social gatherings, etc.
15. Evaluates the effectiveness of Guest Services in terms of:
a. Enhancing the quality of the each person's life;
b. Meeting goals and performance objectives of the program;
c. Evaluating feedback from patients, families, staff, volunteers, resource people, administration, and consultants; and
d. Reporting findings and recommendations to the Center Quality Improvement Committee.
16. Ensures that all required Recreation Documentation (Assessments, MDS, Care Plan, Progress Notes, etc.) completed and up to date.
17. Establishes and maintains an effective volunteer program through recruiting, screening, orienting, training, supervising, evaluating, and recognizing volunteers.
18. Supervises, organizes, evaluates and monitors Guest Services staff, including Recreation staff and receptionists.
19. Develops positive relationships with patients' families;
a. Orients family members to the Guest Services' role, and the Genesis philosophy on customer service/satisfaction.
b. Encourages families to volunteer and to participate in programs, (identifies interests, associations, occupations, etc. of family members in an effort to identify additional resources/contacts for facility programming) evaluate and make suggestions to enhance Guest Services.
20. Responsible for coordinating/leading family/resident/community meetings.
21. Develops positive relationships with the community:
a. Utilizes community resources to enhance Guest Services;
b. Encourages community organizations to include patients/residents in their events.
22. Demonstrates sensitivity to all cultural differences that may have an impact on the guest experience.
23. Ensures that all Guest Services programs adhere to safety and infection control standards.
24. Prepares the yearly budget for Guest Services. Monitors the budget monthly and reports variances to Administration.
25. Keeps abreast of Federal, State and local requirements that relate to Guest Services programming.
26. Maintains confidentiality when dealing with patients/residents, their families and records.
27. Demonstrates knowledge of rights and concerns for the welfare of all patients/residents.
28. Ensures that Guest Services complies with Genesis policies and procedures and federal/state regulations.
29. Serves as a member of the center management team and contributes to committees within the center, e.g., Quality Improvement, Customer at Risk, Recruitment and Retention, etc.
30. Performs other duties as requested.
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Bachelor degree or higher preferred. 2. Two (2) years full-time experience in customer service/hospitality preferred. 3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the efficiency and wellbeing of our staff and related personnel.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 346473
Center Name: Heritage Center
Apply on company website