The Nurse Manager maintains 24-hour-a-day accountability for all patients and nursing activities on assigned unit. The Nurse Manager oversees and directs unit activities, including standards development, implementation and management, human resource management, assessment and monitoring of resource needs and utilization, staff professional development, unit-based research and performance improvement, new program development and implementation, and communication within nursing practice and across disciplines and departments. The Nurse Manager represents the unit and service on committees at all levels within the institution. The Level V Nurse Manager may assume an expanded department role as available and assigned by the Associate Director or Director. Provides professional nursing services, leadership of nursing staff, leadership within the organization, and management of operational processes to serve patients and their families and/or serve the nursing department. Collaborates with other health care providers and health care team members to achieve expected patient and organization outcomes. Work efforts are focused on improvement of the care environment. Nurse leaders and managers use the nursing process, appropriate leadership and management theory and practices, and evidence based nursing practice to coordinate and provide direct care and services that support care. All positions listed perform their role within five (5) core performance domains:
- Clinical Practice
- Service Excellence
- Professional Development and Professional Communication and Behaviors
- Research and Evidence Based Practice.
- Organization Contributions and Growth
- RN licensure in NYS
- BSN required, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a health care administrative role preferred
- National certification in specialty area by recognized accrediting agency
- Up-to-date CPR certification (must be through American Heart Association - BLS for Healthcare providers)
4. Skills (to include equipment, software, etc.) word processing, financial spreadsheet applications, e-mail, internet and intranet use, patient care equipment on the unit.
Apply on company website