Highland Hospital a 261 bed community teaching hospital and affiliate of the University Of Rochester Medical Center is recruiting for Patient Care Techs to work full time, rotating day/eve/night shifts. Qualified candidates must be available full time 36-40 hours per week to rotate during all shifts, Monday-Friday plus every other weekend and 50% of the holidays. No experience needed and you receive paid training! Must be able to commit to 5 weeks of orientation and able to work any shift and any day. Excellent opportunity for those looking to get into the medical field and hands on patient care experience.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) will support and provide direct patient care on the nursing unit. The PCT plays an integral role in the physical and emotional comfort of patients and their families. The PCT provides direct patient care and completes other tasks to support patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
Essential duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Measure and document patient vital signs.
- Maintain, measure, and document output from drainage systems (urinary, gastric, wound).
- Bath, toilet, and groom patients.
- Position and turn patients.
- Recognize, document, and report physical, behavioral, and mental changes in patients.
- Re-stock and maintain unit patient care supplies.
- Patient and specimen transport.
Education:GED or High School Diploma required for all levels. Experience:6 months or more direct patient care experience or a graduate of an approved CNA program preferred.Skills:Current CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for professional Rescuers and Healthcare providers)
Apply on company website