*Highland Hospital is seeking a Part Time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join its team. Candidates should be available to work an average of 24 hours per week.Some duties include but are not limited to:The Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner will work under the direct supervision of the Emergency Department Attending Physician. The PA/ NP will evaluate and treat the acute and non-acute medical, surgical, orthopedic, OB/ GYN, pediatric and psychiatric patients through appropriate history and physical examinations, radiology and laboratory data. Will also provide coverage in the ED Observation unit as needed.Demonstrates actions consistent with Highland Hospital Values, Promise Standards and Performance Behaviors as well as HIPAA Guidelines in performing clinical responsibilities:Obtains a detailed, accurate medical history, performs physical examinations and writes orders for treatments, medications and appropriate and cost effective tests: laboratory, radiological and EKG's
- Develops a differential and working diagnosis.
- Coordinates test results, history and physical examination to assure proper patient disposition.
- Discharges or admits patients, assuring the patient and family have a through understanding of the findings and necessary follow-up.
- Documents all findings clearly in the Medical Record.
- Contacts the patient's primary care physician to review the patient's assessment, work-up, treatment and admission or discharge disposition as appropriate. Obtains consultation from a specialist as needed.
- Maintains consistent on going communication with the Emergency Department Physician about the patient's status.
- Education: Fulfilled the requirements to be a licensed PA or NP in NYS.
- Experience: At least two years experience as a practicing Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with evaluation of urgent and non-urgent patients. Would prefer Emergency Medicine experience. New graduates will be considered.
- License/Certification Required: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure by the NY State Board of Medicine. Prescription license and DEA required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) required at time of hire.
- Skills: The ability to work autonomously as a physician extender is required as is the ability to work well under stressful situations and attention to details.
Apply on company website