Responsible for providing professional-level support in administrating, coordinating and evaluating the human resources of the Club. This position works closely with the General Manager, Controller, and Department Heads coordinating talent management. This includes, but not limited to, recruiting, training, policy implementation, performance management, and employee relations. The Human Resources Generalist ensures compliance with policies and regulatory agencies concerning employees and their benefits, while monitoring risk to the club and ensuring safety protocols are established and followed.
- Administers various human resource plans, policies, and processes for the Country Club and Homeowners Association.
- Administers the compensation and performance evaluation programs for all salaried and hourly associates of both the Country Club and Homeowners Association
- Maintains all handbooks containing policies and processes and trains departments on adoption of policies and integrating with processes.
- Maintains personnel files with current compensation, benefit, performance, and required information.
- Annually reevaluates employee benefit program for cost-effectiveness; oversees benefits administration including new enrollments, change reporting, and reviewing invoices for accuracy prior to payment.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment for all benefit eligible employees.
- Serves are primary recruitment contact: creating ads and postings, processing applications, coordinating interviews, managing pre-employment screening and correlated hiring and termination processes.
- Ensures compliance with all federal requirements including, but not limited to, FMLA, ERISA, HIPAA, CHIP, and EEO.
- Updates and maintains new hire packets for all Club and HOA personnel.
- Oversees exit interviews and COBRA administration for all benefits-eligible terminating employees.
- Works with management and department heads to conduct employee disciplinary action items. Ensure disciplinary action is well documented and justified. Suggest courses of action and performance improvement plans. Assist management while meeting with employee to discuss disciplinary action.
- Manages associate recognition and referral programs.
- Completes the weekly Labor Report for the General Manager as part of a weekly touch-base to keep the GM and Controller informed.
- Writes and modifies Club job descriptions.
- Serves as the Administrative office representative on the Safety Committee; regularly introducing accidents to be investigated, new safety procedures and policies.
- Investigate all workers' compensation claims and report findings to Workers' Compensation provider. Maintain and update the Workers' Comp binder making it easy and accessible in cases of emergency.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations; report OSHA violations or accidents in a timely manner; work with OSHA representative to ensure compliance. Maintain OSHA records for the Club and HOA and post notices as required.
- Ensures compliance with labor poster laws.
- Oversees the Shoes for Crews® program; orders shoes; ensures the proper item is received; communicates with Payroll concerning payroll deductions.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by management.
- Able to communicate, both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Compute and record numbers accurately; follow procedures for keeping records; use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in spreadsheets and forms, operate a calculator or personal computer.
- Perform work that is routine and detailed.
- Minimum of three years' experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Professional of Human Resources (PHR) or equivalent certification (completed or in process), preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website