BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
• To serve meals to members and guests according to established rules of etiquette.
• Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
• Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering questions regarding food preparation.
• Writes order on check or memorizes it.
• Relay order to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
• Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
• Serves patrons from dish at table on occasion.
• Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed.
• Totals bill and accepts payment.
• May carve meats, bone fish or fowl, and prepare flaming dishes and desserts at patron's table.
• Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
• Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
• Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
• Takes the initiative to greet members and guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Completes restaurant sidework as deemed necessary by management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
• Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
• Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
• Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
• Lift and carry things like heavy trays • Ability to exert up to 10-20 pounds of force
• Ability to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects
• Ability to frequently stand for brief periods of time
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website