DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Environmental Associate (OR Terminal) Environmental Services Department FT, Shifts Vary, 1.00 FTE Highlands Regional Medical Center Sebring, FL
***$500 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE***
External candidates only. For more information contact Carolina Garcia.
Highlands Regional Medical Center is a 126-bed acute hospital providing a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. Serving Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965, Highlands Regional Medical Center offers advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. The Emergency Room offers the area's only dedicated Senior ER featuring designated parking, hearing amplifiers, optical devices, special attention to discharge planning and one-on-one help with scheduling follow-up appointments. The Orthopedic Institute at Highlands provides patients undergoing joint replacement surgery an upscale environment while also promoting wellness and healing. The hospital specializes in surgical services close to home including minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, are dedicated to ensure consistent excellence in healthcare delivery. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities as well as living in Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” which is home to the Sebring International Raceway as well as a wide range of boutique and gallery shopping opportunities, fine and casual dining, and a host of parks and lakes that satisfy all recreational interests.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Highlands Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
- Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
- Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
- Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
- Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
- Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
- Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
- Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English required
- High School or GED preferred
- One (1) year experience in Healthcare Environmental Services preferred
- Ability to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids required
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, visitors, co-workers and management required
- Ability to comprehend and deliver highest possible standards of customer service required
- Sufficient knowledge, skill and dexterity to access and interface with computers and other digital systems required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website