SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
Medical Surgical Telemetry
PRN (0.001 FTE)
Highlands Regional Medical Center
Highlands Regional Medical Center is a 126-bed acute hospital providing a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. Serving Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965, Highlands Regional Medical Center offers advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. The Emergency Room offers the area's only dedicated Senior ER featuring designated parking, hearing amplifiers, optical devices, special attention to discharge planning and one-on-one help with scheduling follow-up appointments. The Orthopedic Institute at Highlands provides patients undergoing joint replacement surgery an upscale environment while also promoting wellness and healing. The hospital specializes in surgical services close to home including minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, are dedicated to ensure consistent excellence in healthcare delivery. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities as well as living in Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” which is home to the Sebring International Raceway as well as a wide range of boutique and gallery shopping opportunities, fine and casual dining, and a host of parks and lakes that satisfy all recreational interests.
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources
- Carries out physician orders
- Assess, plan and evaluate patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for risk factors
- Manage the patient's pain
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Customer service abilities including effective listening and communication skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Motivated team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to contribute as needed
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website