DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sanitation Worker Food and Nutrition Services Department FT, Day Shift, 1.00 FTE Highlands Regional Medical Center Sebring, FL Facility Description: Highlands Regional Medical Center is a 126-bed acute hospital providing a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. Serving Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965, Highlands Regional Medical Center offers advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. The Emergency Room offers the area's only dedicated Senior ER featuring designated parking, hearing amplifiers, optical devices, special attention to discharge planning and one-on-one help with scheduling follow-up appointments. The Orthopedic Institute at Highlands provides patients undergoing joint replacement surgery an upscale environment while also promoting wellness and healing. The hospital specializes in surgical services close to home including minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery. Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, are dedicated to ensure consistent excellence in healthcare delivery. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities as well as living in Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” which is home to the Sebring International Raceway as well as a wide range of boutique and gallery shopping opportunities, fine and casual dining, and a host of parks and lakes that satisfy all recreational interests. Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Highlands Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.Position Description: The Food Service Sanitation Worker under the direction of the Food and Nutritional Management team is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food services including but not limited to; general cleaning duties and trash removal. This position ensures that all tasks are completed safely and in strict adherence to Food and Nutritional cleaning / sanitation policies, infection control, environment of care and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Demonstrates effective use of PPE and understands the procedures necessary to minimize exposure to chemicals while performing daily tasks.
- Understands and demonstrates a good knowledge of the garbage disposal system.
- Demonstrates proper ware washing procedures/techniques using the 3-sink method and correct use of ware washing chemicals.
- Demonstrates correct procedures for cleaning and sanitizing the dish machine after each cycle (de liming, emptying, etc.)
- Performs daily restocking and cleaning of work area after each meal service.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all floors within the department at all times. Utilize correct cleaning chemicals in correct quantities.
- Ensures all trash is removed and properly placed in the appropriate containers throughout shift and prior to ending shift.
High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
One year of experience in healthcare environmental food and nutrition services preferred.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website