Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Director of Nursing plans, organizes, develops and directs community clinical and medication programs in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act and within standards of clinical practice as defined by the American Nurses Association. Informs Executive Director and Director of Assisted Living of clinical concerns and compliance issues and makes recommendations for resolution. Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Director of Nursing Job Responsibilities:
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of clinical care
- Direct the medication program according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- In conjunction with the community's multidisciplinary team, coordinate the resident admission process including screening, assessment and care needs to determine whether the community team can meet the prospect's required level of care
- In conjunction with the Executive Director recruit, select, supervise, mentor, appraise and counsel medication administration team members according to Spectrum policies and procedures
- Facilitate initial and ongoing training for medication administration team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on State-specific regulations as well as Spectrum policies and procedures
- Determine delegation of clinical and medication service needs according to State-specific regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures, dictated for compliance
- Ensure ongoing assessment of resident changing needs to ensure appropriate and timely delivery of required services
- Monitor, audit and ensure that the medication system meets State-specific and community standards
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with pharmacy services to ensure effective and efficient medication procurement and delivery
- Implement, maintain, and monitor compliance of nurse delegation and limited nursing services system and documentation as required and/or allowed by State-specific regulation
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, MSDS, FDA and Fire Safety standards as it relates to clinical systems and resident care
- Review and coordinate completion of incident reports that are health or injury related and develop/monitor plans of correction in accordance with Spectrum policies and procedures
Director of Nursing Educational Requirements:
- Minimum LPN required, RN preferred. Subject to state requirements
- Current Nursing License for the state where the community is located
Director of Nursing Work Experience:
- 5 years as RN (preferred), or LPN in an assisted living or acute care setting
- Has experience in community or long term care settings. Possesses geriatric assessment skills. Is knowledgeable in dementia care
- Has the ability to train staff and to assess systems and implement systems. Is organized and self-directed
- Enhanced qualifications: BSN, advanced certification in geriatric care, previous experience in an assisted living or residential care environment
- Meet the State-specific qualifications and training for the position
- Must have basic computer skills – login/logoff, e-mail, documents, spreadsheets and entering data
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website