Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., a privately-held company based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is looking for a qualified individual to fill a full-time Benefits/Human Resources Compliance Specialist position in the corporate Benefits Department. The position incorporates an overall knowledge of the Benefits Department from top to bottom and will report to the Director of Employee Benefits.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, an applicant must provide a cover letter summarizing the applicant's particular interest in the position, relevant experience, and wage requirements, along with a current résumé. Applicants who fail to comply with these requirements will be rejected.
- Provides support and collaboration to Benefits, Human Resources, and Legal in all compliance related areas
- Responsible for Health and 401(k) plan compliance as it relates to ERISA, IRS, HIPAA, and Health Care Reform regulations
- Ensures the company's legal compliance with all federal, state, and municipal Paid Sick Leave and Leave of Absence requirements
- Effectively draft proposals, presentations, and policies for management review and approval.
- Researches and monitors regulations and legislation, and develops action plans to ensure continued compliance
- Communicates and develop relationships with outside vendors, employees, and management to review and evaluate practices and processes to ensure compliance
- Provide compliance education on policies and procedures and serve as an expert resource for management and employees on federal, state, and municipal mandates related to all compliance policies and procedures
- Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of Benefits and Leave of Absence compliance related notices and materials as required by law.
- Develops training materials and trains employees on the proper identification and administration of various regulations and policies
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects and procedures that ensure compliance with federal, state, and municipal laws
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of Human Resources experience
- In-depth knowledge of 401(k), ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, and Health Care Reform legislation/regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience in managing compliance related projects, policies, and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS systems (SAP preferred) and Time and Attendance System (Kronos preferred)
- High level of attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills to achieve the end result - resolution
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – clarity and accuracy are essential
- Organizational skills, including daily prioritizing
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and and Prescription Plan
- 401(k) Program with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Paid Time Off (PPTO)
- Employee Discount
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Integris "The Clinic at Hobby Lobby", including a Pharmacy on campus
- Chaplain Services on campus
EOE - Drug/Alcohol testing compliant with applicable statutes.
For reasonable accommodation of disability during the hiring process call (877) 303-4547.
Apply on company website