Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc is currently seeking candidates for future open buyer positions in their location in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The buyer positions are responsible for the identification, design, sourcing, and purchasing of new products. This person will work alongside other buyers and our design staff in the creation of products and coordinated product lines for Hobby Lobby Stores.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Select and purchase products that are interesting to our customer base
- Identify current and emerging market trends
- Consistently improve product assortment by building on past successes, as well as refreshing product lines with new items.
- Develop and propose new product concepts that are exciting and unique
- Build product collections through collaboration with other buyer
- Manage product development from concept to purchase order
- Identify and qualify new manufacturers and vendors
- Meet /Exceed margin and financial goals set by company leaders
- Analyze and manage vendor performance to maximize profitability
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university; preferably in Business Administration, Merchandising or Marketing
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a buying organization, preferably in a seasonal, craft or home furnishing chain store format
- 5 years of experience within a buying organization, preferably in a seasonal, craft or home furnishings chain store format.
- Merchandising, Product and Analytical Skills
- Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows based programs
- Ability to travel internationally to source products and work directly with vendors (2 to 4 times per year)
- Ability to travel domestically to source products and work directly with vendors (2 to 4 times per year)
- Physical ability to stand for long periods while attending trade shows or climb stairs when visiting factories
- Closed on Sundays
- Medical, Dental & Prescription Plan
- Paid Vacations
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
For reasonable accommodation of disability during the hiring process call (877) 303-4547.
Apply on company website