The Loss Prevention Department for Hobby Lobby is currently seeking a full time In-Store Asset Protection Agent for the greater Oklahoma City area to include Oklahoma City, Edmond, Moore, and Norman, who will be tasked with protecting our store from losses associated with theft and fraud.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing undercover, plain clothes surveillance in our Oklahoma City area Hobby Lobby store(s) in order to identify and apprehend shoplifters, deter shoplifting, and detect possible refund fraud participants, thereby improving store shrinkage.
- Awareness of the laws governing the applicable jurisdictions as to the requirements imposed for proof of shoplifting and rights regarding the apprehension/detainment of suspects.
- Completion of incident reports, as well as completion and filing of proper paperwork on all apprehensions.
- Effectively communicating concerns and/or observations to the appropriate contacts in the Loss Prevention Department.
- Thoroughly learning, understanding, and maintaining a working knowledge of the camera system for the store(s), in order to review video footage.
- Upholding strict confidentiality of proprietary information and practices.
- Possessing an aptitude for handling stressful, unpredictable, or potentially dangerous situations with sound and rational judgment.
- Assisting with investigations involving possible internal theft by employees.
- Building and maintaining a positive and cooperative relationship with local law enforcement.
- Relevant work experience or education / training required
- Valid driver's license for business travel
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a drug screening test
- State certification required, where applicable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent observational skills
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Starting Wage $18.00/hr; possibly negotiable depending on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and and Prescription Plan
- 401(k) Program with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Paid Time Off (PPTO)
- Employee Discount
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Holiday Pay
EOE - Drug/Alcohol testing compliant with applicable statutes.
For reasonable accommodation of disability during the hiring process call (877) 303-4547.
Apply on company website