The host or hostess is the critical first impression of the restaurant, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest experiences.
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website