Work Shift: 6am - 2:30pm
Work Week: PRN - Primarily weekends
Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
8. Follows safety rules on the job.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Ability to make sound judgments.
Customer focused service skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands opened on June 26, 2017 as the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system. This new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot, full-service, acute care hospital offers many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. Also on the $380 million hospital campus, located at the intersection of I-45 and TX 242, is a medical office building, which opened in March 2016. Medical Office Building 1 includes a breast care center, cancer center & infusion center, orthopedics & sports medicine, rehabilitation services, wellness services, and an outpatient laboratory in addition to multi-specialty physician practices. A second medical office building and 785-car parking garage will open in 2018.
Apply on company website