Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager and work direction of the Lead Maintenance Mechanic, performing a variety of general maintenance and service functions. Installs, maintains, repairs and fabricates plant equipment and facilities.
Job Description Details
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, repair and fabrication of plant equipment and facilities.
- Assignments include but are not limited to building maintenance, phone data and electrical wiring, repair of conveyors, packaging equipment, fork trucks, hydraulics, HVAC equipment, etc.
- Performs periodic inspections, tests, and preventive maintenance on all equipment and facilities in accordance with an established testing and preventative maintenance schedule and report findings.
- Works from mechanical and/or electrical schematic drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, and written and oral instructions.
- Under minimal direction, works directly from the work orders.
- Uses hand and power tools and other equipment as necessary to complete assignment.
- Follows all company safety and security procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years related maintenance experience is required
- Must have primary and secondary trade skills.
- When working in a secondary trade may be directed by others.
- Trade skills must include electrician, carpenter, pipefitter, air conditioning mechanic, welder, and/or
- machine repairer.
- Must have a broad knowledge of pneumatic controls, packaging equipment, conveyor belts, phone and
data wiring, HVAC and electrical systems, and a PC preventive maintenance program.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as assigned.
- Must have the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Ability to lift and move materials up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Working knowledge of distribution systems and equipment
- Ability to read, write and follow direction in English is required.
- Ability to stand / walk for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach and lift above shoulder height.
- Ability to push and pull fully loaded pallet jacks
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to climb stairs and work on elevated surfaces / platforms.
- Ability to make decisions within a framework. Some opportunity for independent judgment.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website