Job Title: Cook
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager, Restaurant
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to cook and prepare food according to prescribed recipes and quality standards.
- Plans and prepares various food items and meals for hotel restaurant and catered functions.
- Understands food cost and portion control without sacrificing quality.
- Assists with quality and presentation issues, cleanliness and organization of kitchen and restaurant when necessary.
- Accommodates Guests' special requests.
- Adheres to proper food handling and safety guidelines at all times.
Inventory and Control
- Assists with inventory, ordering, and receiving of all Food and Beverage items as directed.
- Maintains and enforces sanitation laws and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Coordinates catering reservations and food preparation with the Sales Department.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language Skills: Must be able to understand the proper use of kitchen equipment and verbal instructions.
- Technical Skills: Food preparation, ability to follow recipes, and service skills required.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food handler's permit.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, oven, grill, stove, mixer, dishwasher, and utensils. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Hospitality or food service experience preferred.
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read recipes and labels on products.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to prepare and cook food.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel to put away products.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to handle cooking utensil, kitchen gadgets, etc.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Apply on company website