Do you enjoy interacting with others and making people feel welcome and at home? Are you someone that has a great eye for detail and ambition to get things done? If this is the case we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be a part of the opening team for a brand new hotel.
We are gearing up for the grand opening of the Courtyard and TownePlace Suites by Marriott Agoura Hills due to open in April 2020. This is a newly built dual branded property with a combined 225 guest rooms and about 8,300 sq. ft. of meeting space. We are offering a $500 bonus to Housekeeping Department employees that complete 90 days employment from their start date. If this sounds like a great fit and you would like to be considered for these future positions, please fill out an application for our review!
¿Te gusta interactuar con los demás y hacer que la gente se sienta bienvenida y como en casa? ¿Eres alguien que tiene un buen ojo para los detalles y la ambición de hacer las cosas? Si este es el caso, tenemos una oportunidad única y emocionante para que seas parte del equipo de apertura de un nuevo hotel.
Nos estamos preparanado para la gran apertura del Courtyard y TownePlace Suites by Marriott Agoura Hills, que se abrirá en abril de 2020. Esta es una propiedad nueva de doble marca de un combinado de 225 habitaciones y alrededor de 8,300 pies cuadrados de espacio para reuniones. Estamos ofreciendo un bono de $500 a los empleados del Departamento de Limpieza que completen 90 días de empleo, a partir de su fecha de inicio. Si esto suena como una gran oportunidad y le gustaría ser considerado para estos puestos futuros, por favor llene una solicitud para nuestra revisión.
Job Title: Housekeeper / Room Attendant / Suite Attendant
Full time employees are eligible for these benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Position Summary: The purpose of the Housekeeper/Guestroom Attendant/Suite Attendant is to maintain cleanliness of all guestrooms according to brand specifications and quality standards.
Rooms and Inventory
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned rooms within prescribed Brand Standard guidelines.
- Maintains the inventory of every item placed in guestrooms.
- Communicates status of cleaned rooms to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports any lost and found items to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately, listing the room number or area where the item was found.
- Reports any damaged or missing items to Maintenance and the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports exceptional and/or unusual circumstances, such as no luggage in a stay-over room, sleep-outs, damage in the rooms, etc. to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Uses all authorized cleaning agents properly and safely.
- Follows proper key control procedures.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Follows proper handling procedures for dirty rags/linens.
- Restocks and maintain housekeeping cart.
- Assists Guests with questions and requests.
- Adheres to proper grooming and dress codes for the department.
- Able to carry out hotel emergency procedures.
- Performs all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Arrives for assigned shift on time.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language Skills: Must be able to understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and verbal instructions.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of proper cleaning agent handling and safety procedures.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: No requirements.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to operate equipment such as, but not limited to, garbage disposal, vacuum cleaner, self-cleaning oven, icemaker, and dishwasher. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- No educational requirement.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Regularly exposed to vibration
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or other chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write (sign keys in/out, fill out work orders, etc.).
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Apply on company website