Do you enjoy interacting with others and making people feel welcome and at home? Are you someone that has a great eye for detail and ambition to get things done? If this is the case we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be a part of the opening team for a brand new hotel.
We are gearing up for the grand opening of the Courtyard and TownePlace Suites by Marriott Agoura Hills due to open in April 2020. This is a newly built dual branded property with a combined 225 guest rooms and about 8,300 sq. ft. of meeting space. Our maintenance team will be resposible for the condition and functionality of both hotels. If this sounds like a great fit and you would like to be considered for these future positions, please fill out an application for our review!
Job Title: Maintenance
Ensure that we maintain the highest standards in the hotel's guest and associate safety and comfort. Mainly responsible for guest rooms, meeting room and public spaces functionality in regards to lighting, plumbing, temperature comfort, appearance and basic functionality. Keep all hotel equipment in good repair with minimum down time by providing day to day maintenance. Continually support and improve the engineering services that effectively address problems affecting guests and associates. Protect hotel assets to ensure value is maintained.
- Smile and greet every guest.
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner.
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention.
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them.
- Be knowledgeable about your job.
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them.
- Language skills: Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA's), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift and hotel as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- Each associate is expected to carry out job duties that are typically not related to their position.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are the responsibilities of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, and is regularly exposed to vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The associate occasionally works in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Respond to radio and pager calls for all assigned areas for that day.
- Document all work performed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on guestrooms, meeting rooms, public areas and restrooms per checklist and maintain all records.
- Have the ability to explain to guest how to properly operate or use hotel equipment. Trouble-shoot and repair housekeeping equipment.
- Trouble-shoot and repair guest TV, phone, lights and furniture
- Deliver guest in company van to their desired destinations. Ensure parking lot/sidewalks are clean of debris, stains, trash.
- Make minor electrical repairs. (switches, outlets, ballasts, and light sockets)
- Make minor plumbing repairs by changing out parts. (toilets, diverter valve, pressure regulators, faucets, and small pumps)
- Understand and follow all job SOPs like JSA, Lockout/Tag-out, MSDS, and general safety. Have basic understanding of hotel life safety systems (Fire panel, Emergency Generator, Transfer Switch, Sprinkler System).
- Take equipment readings, meter readings, and material requisitions in a legible and orderly manner.
- Assist in setup, operation, and removal of all meeting room equipment Make minor HVAC repairs (calibrate T-stat, filter, Condensate drains, fan motor assembly). Basic touchup of interior finish work (paint, vinyl, sheet rock, touchup woodwork).
- Basic lock problems Maintain pool and spa in accordance with health code standards.
- Always use guest name when known.
- Listen intently to each guest, focusing directly on them during each interaction.
- Use aggressive hospitality skills
Apply on company website