Position at IDEA Public Schools
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate population of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we are excited to welcome our first graduating seniors out of the 11,800 students we serve across 22 schools in the San Antonio region. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family, college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students graduate college-ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022.
Role Mission: The 21st Century Enrichment specialists will facilitate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with campus principals and the 21st Century Site Coordinator to ensure 21st Century programs enhance the vision and priorities of the school.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students' character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the 21st Century program students.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to group of students (average group size 12-18).
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students' self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator and Project Director for the 21st CCLC and the grant guidelines.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Project Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Project Director to: Organize schedule of enrichment and/or recreational activities. Implement evaluation tools.
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Must be enrolled in college or have a bachelor's degree
- Preferred 30 college credit hours or more with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prior experience in enrichment activity for which they are being hired
*Must attach an official or unofficial transcript to the application in order to verify GPA and credit hours earned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to track data weekly and monthly for reporting
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website