Position at IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reconciling statements and accounting for organization wide expenses. Clerks keep constant communication with customers and vendors to pay all open invoices within 30 days.
- 100% of invoices processed on time
- All invoices entered into Tyler Munis within 2 business days of receipt
- 100% of invoices processed for payment within 30 day net
- 100% of invoices are verified by the Three-Way-Match process
- 100% of vendor statements are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Maintain communication with stakeholders regarding past-due items and approaching deadlines
- Follow up with stakeholders if invoices are almost at 30 days aged
- Keep Accounts Payable Supervisor aware of all accounts past 30 days
- 100% of check requests processed on time
- Complete check runs every Tuesday and Thursday
- Ensure 100% of employee reimbursements are processed every check run
- 100% of monthly expenditures allocated correctly
- Ensure 100% of all expenditures are being allocated in the correct month upon completion of receiving in Tyler Munis by the 6th business day of the following month
- 100% of Pcard expenditures are reconciled by the 3rd business day of every month
- Maintain 100% compliancewith TEA regulations
- Comply 100% with Financial Accountability System Resource Guide
- Submit 100% of audit samples requested from external auditor on or before deadline with no audit findings
6. Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Ability to use computer software to develop spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- Proficiency in use of calculator and office machines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Customer service oriented
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required, associate's or bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Experience: 2+ Accounts Payable experience, preferably in an education environment
- Licenses or Certifications (if applicable): N/A
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 10key
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
Salaries for this role typically fall between $14.56/hr and $18.20/hr, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website