Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months—our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video:
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we are excited to welcome our first graduating seniors out of the 11,800 students we serve across 22 schools in the San Antonio region. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family, college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students graduate college-ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022.
Role Mission: The mission for the Year 0 Business Clerk is to collect 100% of applications by Lottery and achieve 100% Projected Enrollment while onboarding 100% of new families and procuring the materials needed to open a safe and operational campus before the first day of school. The Business Clerk executes campus operation processes that bind to our budget management system (Tyler Munis).
1. 100% of Applications collected by lottery (3:1 ratio for OGL)
- Achieves 100% Projected Enrollment by the first day of school
- Executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children within the 3-mile radius immediately surrounding their school
- Ensures all new families are effectively on-boarded beginning with Welcome to IDEA and throughout their first year
- Builds relationships with business partners and secures community assets
- Hosts information sessions for interested families and new applicants
2. 100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep by first day of school (FDOS)
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
- Complies with all federal and state student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process
3. 90% New Family Persistence (Lottery to FDOS)
- Supports efforts to create an environment where students learn, thrive, and have fun (school culture, praise and recognition, in and out of school events calendar, etc.)
- Monitors and reviews with APO, parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Onboards new families from the time a parent applies come to IDEA through their first year in our schools
4. Campus safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Manages current discretionary budgets, informs school leaders regarding the financial state of their school, and works to ensure campus financial goals are met and schools end the year with a surplus or on target
- Reconciles negative discretionary budget accounts monthly by the 8th business day
- 100% of requisitions entered in Tyler Munis within 2 business days of initial request from campus staff
- 100% of all goods or services are received in Tyler Munis within one business day of delivery and 100% of receiving record(s) are attached in the Tyler Munis system
- Procures all goods or services with an approved purchase order
5. We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: at least 2 years' experience with bookkeeping or accounting desired
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $15.38 and $19.22,commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website