Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months—our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video:
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college-ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The mission of the Campus Ops Specialist is to support the Assistant Principal of Operations. The role is designed to support with daily needs in regard to Average Daily Attendance, administrative tasks, lunch and recess management and school personnel support.
- 100% fidelity to the ADA Escalation Matrix
- Supports campus team in maintaining 97.5% ADA
- Works with SIS & Registrar team to accurately account student attendance
- Leads in phone calls to absent students
- Tackles the student chronic absent list by intervention
- Ensures data compliance visibility at the campus
- 90% Student Persistence
- Assists in the implementing an ongoing monitoring system that reviews and addresses parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Assists in managing new family onboarding tracking from the time a parent applies to come to IDEA through their first year in our schools
- Partners with lead team in execution of culture campus for all open grade levels to be conducted 2 weeks prior to the first day of school
- BOY Readiness 2 Weeks Prior to the First Day of School
- Supports SIS/Registrar in campus-wide record requests
- Assists receptionist in printing of all staff IDs
- Supports business clerk in textbook distribution and tagging
- Supports child nutrition team in printing of student IDs
- Assists in creation and distribution of BOY success plans
- 90% of School Events executed on time
- Supports all Event Management on campus: provide support to the operating calendar to team members to execute a given outcome
- Assists with family onboarding: lottery calls, Welcome to IDEA, summer registration, culture camps to ensure 100% of new students are registered by FDOS
- Meet the teacher events, report card pick up
- 100% Enrollment FDOS
- Partners with APO to effectively recruit new families with specific application goals month by month (150 quality applications by lottery)
- Partners to create recruitment plan to foster relationship with a minimum of two pre-k centers
- Supports on new applications in School Mint system within 72 hours of family submission
- 75 % Duty Coverage
- Duty Management: Manage a master duty schedule, afterschool care, recess, lunch duty
- Event Management: provide support to the operating calendar to team members to execute a given outcome
- Parent Management: Assist with parent management
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- High School Diploma
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strong background in customer service and support
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $11.05 and $13.53, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website