Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months—our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video:
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college-ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The Facilities Manager (FM) is responsible for operating a clean, safe, sustainable, high quality facility by leading the custodial team to enhance the learning environment. Facilities Managers exemplify IDEA's commitment to excellence through successful hiring, development, and retention of custodial staff.
- Campus safe and operational one week before First Day of School (FDOS)
- Achieve an A rating in the Facilities Audit from Beginning of Year (BOY) through the last day of school
- Create a culture of safety and awareness by implementing 100% of programs and systems, including 100% of safety drills
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Safety Audit
- 90% of Safe Schools training done by deadline
- All chemicals on-hand locked
- Maintain an efficient operation to achieve the campus cost per square foot allocation with kWh usage per square foot
- Serve as the financial steward for campus facilities and maintenance operations by generating a 10% surplus over budgeted allocation
- Improve continuously and execute operations efficiently by generating a 5% annual saving in utilities expense
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Energy Conservation Audit
- Business partner with campus leaders for capital expenditure (CapEx) projects
- Work with APO and Principals to identify facilities needs and develop a plan accordingly
- Provide timely CapEx quotations to improve facilities for each school
- 85% retention of custodial staff
- Increase development and training of staff through weekly check-ins and daily huddles
- Ensure that at least one custodian has been groomed to take on the Facilities Manager role within 18 months
- 80% of facilities requisitions are entered within 3 days of service
- Work with approved vendors to ensure timely issuance of services
- Maintain budget accuracy by entering requisitions within goal timeframe
- 90% of maintenance work orders are resolved within 48 hours
- Operate a clean and healthy campus that guarantees an enhanced learning environment
- Deploy team to efficiently resolve issues submitted
- Demonstrate reliability and responsibility through attendance, punctuality, and flexibility
- Zero unexcused absences
- Consistent punctuality
- Ability to work long hours as needed to meet the mission goal
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $17.07 and $21.35, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website