Position at IDEA Public Schools
The Business Information Systems ERP Management Team strives to support the leadership at IDEA as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement goals. The HR/Payroll ERP Applications Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Business ERP Information Systems, is responsible for providing business process consulting for the areas of Human Resources and Payroll, ERP system application implementation, administration and support in the areas of best business practices, training and development, and incident support for the Human Resources and Payroll divisions.
- Collaborate with the HRIS, Payroll, Budget, Human Assets, Human Resources, and Information Technology Teams to analyze business processes and identify opportunities for improvements in current processes and identify ERP system enhancements.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Department Leaders to plan and lead improvement projects
- Analyze and identify business process optimization
- Identify technical problems and develop solutions to support business objectives
- Ensure that an adequate project plan is developed to implement the new business process
- Partner with key department stakeholders to Identify, submit and track enhancements that are submitted to the vendor for ERP (Tyler Munis) system improvements in current or future version releases
- 100% of new MUNIS applications and MUNIS ERP version upgrades are implemented on the project plan established timeline.
- Serve as an Implementation Manager for all Tyler MUNIS applications in areas of Human Resources and Payroll.
- Oversee all aspects of ERP application implementations from vision, scope, design, development, implementation, deployment, maintenance, and support.
- Collaborate with the HRIS, Payroll, HA, HR and Budget Department Functional Leads to implement and setup new functionality in MUNIS.
- Keep up to date on new MUNIS functionality and provide consulting and training to HR/Payroll and Business Departments on an as needed basis.
- Implement Phase II projects in MUNIS across TX and IPS Enterprises LLC databases (HR/Payroll & Business).
- Implement version upgrades accordingly for each of the 4 Live (TX, Baton Rouge, LLC, New Orleans) Databases of MUNIS including the planning, communication, testing, implementing and training.
- Assist on the execution of the established Project Plan for MUNIS system upgrades, new modules, and enhancements to include user requirements, testing, training and development, and change management across all affected areas.
- Ensure that New MUNIS Users are granted access within 2 business days of their first day of employment.
- Perform system Administration for security and permissions of MUNIS, MUNIS Self Service, SSRS and Tyler Content Manager for all MUNIS users (HR/Payroll and Business District Wide) – Over 1000 MUNIS users and over 4,000 MUNIS Self Service Users.
- Coordinate with the IT Department to ensure the user has Active Directory access
- Utilize SSRS reporting and Munis Human Resources applications to efficiently monitor changes to employees that require MUNIS permission modifications.
- Assist with the tracking and testing of Munis patches/fixes, updates, and enhancements and perform initial unit and integration testing.
- Manages delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for assigned applications
- Troubleshoot problems in the assigned area's modules after release and/or upgrades and other functional configuration changes that have been created and report issues to resolve errors.
- Support the ERP Support Specialist to meet the 95% metric of critical Munis Zendesk requests within 2 business days.
- Train the ERP Support Specialist on managing the escalations
- Train the ERP Support Specialist on existing and future system processes
- Resolve Tier 2 escalated Zendesk requests
- Coordinate with Tyler Technologies on escalated issues that have Department or Organizational wide impact
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Tolerance
- Business Process Management
- Certification – CBPP: Certified Business Process Professional
- Graduate from a recognized four-year college or university preferably with a major in business administration, personnel administration, management information systems, or a related field.
- 2- 3 years of experience utilizing project management frameworks to ensure project and team effectiveness
- 2- 3 years of experience as a system administrator of an HR or Financial System
- 2- 3 years of experience working in a Human Resources/Payroll processing environment or closely related area which includes participation in the functional configuration, modification or maintenance of an ERP System.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with the configuration of the MUNIS ERP HR/Payroll Applications.
- 3 - 5 years of experience training on various computer software applications in either a corporate or educational environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of ERP systems with a strong concentration in HR/Payroll
- Knowledge of business processes, policies and procedures related to Business and Human Resources, specifically in a school district environment
- Skilled in developing and documenting operational and technical processes, functions, and procedures involving specific modules and developing appropriate solutions.
- Skilled in analyzing existing manual and computerized operational procedures.
- Skilled in testing software in light of upgrades, enhancements, and setup modifications.
- Skilled in giving presentations and in creating technical documentation
- Salaries for this role typically fall between$58,800 and$75,000, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website