Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About our region:
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region's first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022.
IDEA iLearning Hotspot Facilitators instructs students ranging from grades 1st-7th with the specific goal to increase student achievement in mathematics. The iLearning facilitators set ambitious goals for student math achievement and invest students, families, and staff in reaching them. ILearning facilitators are tasked with creating a powerful and inviting learning environment, tracking student progress toward goals and conducting daily analysis data to intervene with struggling students. Our iLearning facilitators seek excellence as educators and an IDEA team members.Together, they are responsible for ensuring that every IDEA student masters the academic and social skills necessary to succeed in college, while also embodying IDEA's core values every day.
Culture & Student Management
- Motivate students to participate in learning activities in the various math software
- Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
- Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward goals and current data
- Consistently monitor students usage of math notebooks
- Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
Technology & Data Management
- Actively “coach” students on all computer programs and ensure that the educational math software used in the Hotspots are meeting the needs of all students
- Maintain all computer equipment and ensure that problems are reported promptly to campus tech
- Interpret and manage online student data generated by the multiple educational math software
- Use data to track students' progress toward goals
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
- Communicate and collaborate with Math teachers and school administrators about student progress
- Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution preferred but not required
- Experience in a classroom or volunteer setting
- Strong computer and technology skills, including an ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data efficiently in order to best support students' progress in math software
- Licenses or Certifications: None required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze and interpret student progress data daily and submit reports to all campus teachers and manager weekly
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Salaries for this role are set at an hourly rate ranging between $15.47 for 0 years of experience and $21.32
*Note: Hourly co-teachers earnings are paid out over a 12-month period
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website