Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The Staffing Data Analyst supports the Talent Acquisition team by developing the data infrastructure that allows the team to make data-driven decisions around effectiveness, efficiency, and equity of our talent recruitment, selection, hiring, onboarding, and retention efforts. This is accomplished through developing and maintaining dashboards and reports that are user-friendly and accessible to a broader audience, understanding processes and making recommendations for improvement, and providing meaningful insights to drive the work of our Human Assets team.
- Develop and maintain recruitment, selection, hiring, onboarding, and staffing logistics dashboards
- Internalize our hiring processes and metrics
- Partner with the marketing team to understand the metrics that are most meaningful
- Provide efficient strategies for our team to collect the appropriate data
- Understand data and uses for the data in order to make decisions about the best ways to visualize the data for stakeholders
- Develop reports to compile the relevant data and insights on a weekly and/or monthly basis (depending on the metric)
- Continually improve dashboards and reports based on feedback and trends
- Provide training and support to the team to ensure that data is being leveraged appropriately
- Produce an end-of-year hiring report that outlines the hiring profile, key source data, and other important data points around our hiring
- Refine and manage the Staffing Logistics Dashboard
- Deeply understand the what, why, how, and when of the goal “100% of campus staff are hired and IDEA-ready by first day of professional development or work calendar”
- Refine and manage dashboard to provide staffing logistics committee with timely, actionable data
- Partner across the Staffing, New Hires, EIS, Tech Ops, Payroll, and Budget teams to maximize dashboard effectiveness
- Analyze data for gaps in equity
- Analyze recruitment, selection, hiring, and onboarding data with the lens of equity
- Mine for actionable insight
- Communicate gaps found and problem solve with team leaders to address them
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: 2+ years of professional experience in a data analysis and management role
Knowledge and Skills:
- Efficient computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or other data tools to analyze data and provide appropriate visualizations and insights
- SQL experience preferred
- Experience working with HRIS and Talent Management software preferred
- Ability to work across diverse teams in a high-growth organization
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Ability to read, analyze, and apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to research, analyze, report and make sound judgments and work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Strong work ethic with personal drive for success exemplifying “whatever it takes” attitude in a high-growth organization
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $51,900 and $61,800, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website