Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months—our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The Technology Operations Procurement Analyst is part of the Information Systems Team and is responsible for overseeing the financial well being for the department. The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for managing the procurement projects across several areas within Information Systems that include purchasing, contracting, sourcing and commodity management. Be able to generate project information for annual operating management as well as forecasting and creating cost analysis to formulate negotiation plans. Develop plans and reports to provide recommendations on all procurement related issues, provide trainings and develop business improvement initiatives. Understand the organizational objectives that allows to generate project information, action items to address long term strategic initiatives.
1.Achieve financial excellence of 100% on Information Systems Budget Management & Analysis
- Computer Bulk Order (CBO) Lease program Budget Management on Budget & Forecast Analysis (Annual & 3 Yrs.)
- Mobile Service Budget Management & Forecast Analysis (Annual & 3 Yrs.)
- Projector Budget Management & Forecast Analysis (Annual & 3 Yrs.)
- E-Rate Budget Management & Forecast Analysis (Annual & 3 Yrs.)
- Enterprise Software Budget Management & Forecast Analysis (Annual & 3 Yrs.)
- 100% Purchase Order management for on time processing, ordering & receiving
- Partner with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and on-time invoice payment
- Achieve 100% Inventory Asset Management & Accuracy in partnership with Vendors
- Develops and implements in partnership with project manager a system for controlling, monitoring and managing inventory for technology equipment
- Establishes and implements procurement policy and procedures to source and procure the proper technology equipment for all IDEA sites.
- Develop innovative approaches to review procurement process effectiveness and explore logistics solutions for internal customers and suppliers.
- Provides reports and analysis at the district, regional and campus basis
- Technology Operations will leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline business processes with a TCO/per student decrease of 5%
- Negotiates with vendors annually for best pricing that provides the highest quality and efficiency systems and equipment for IDEA
- Monitor technology trends, feature changes and improvements to maximize value and selecting optimal, compatible solutions for organizational and end-user needs
- Innovate campus technology by serving as a feedback partner not only to campus leadership but with the Information Systems Team
- Find solutions to items affecting campuses, with the intent of increasing teacher instruction efficiency by checking Helpdesk reports and proactively addressing trends
4.Ensure vendor management and 100% full integration for Technology Operations systems and equipment
- Establishes a vendor management system for Technology Operations
- Identifies potential vendors that can provide products and services needed to continue growth in existing and new regions.
- Selects, vets, contracts and coordinates vendors for tangible and intangible assets and resources
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations regarding bidding and purchasing
- Maintains all procurement documentation
5. 100% of schools are safe and operational one week before the First Day of School (FDOS)
- Evaluates previous year(s) BOY (Beginning-of-Year) campus readiness execution, identify opportunities for improvement and develop strategy for continued success
- Maintain IT equipment and have 100% of IT equipment set up and ready one week prior to FDOS (including computers, mobility, software, projectors, copiers/printers, network infrastructure and security)
- Execute procurement of all centrally-procured equipment and licenses on time
- Coordinate distribution and logistics of all centrally-procured equipment, licenses and software
- Review and process work orders and quote requests from campuses to optimize value
- Work with campus leadership by providing expertise and solutions involving anything from campus repairs to technical questions and quotes
- Success measured by:
- 100% of staff have proper technology and account access by FDOS
- 100% of projectors are ordered, installed, and ready for instruction by FDOS
- 100% of schools have network and systems by FDOS
- 100% of computer labs are setup by FDOS and ready for students
- 100% of front office equipment is setup and ready to admit visitors
- 100% of student laptops/CoWs are setup and ready for deployment
6. Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Accounting, or Finance and 2 years of work experience in related field
- Licenses or Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of technologies available in such areas as instruction, office, networking, computers and mobile phones
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
- Strong organizational, task management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Manage various procurement projects that include the areas of purchasing, contracting, sourcing, and commodity management.
- Understand business objectives to generate project information, action items, schedule, and deliverables for the team.
- Work with Cost Price Analysis and Commodity Management Groups to formulate negotiation plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills complemented with highly effective presentation, interpersonal and consulting skills in working across all aspects of the business levels of the organization and outside contacts
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website