Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college-ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
The role of the Testing Coordinator is to ensure 100% of students are able to perform to the best of their ability in an environment that is conducive to testing. Through the work of the testing coordinator, teachers and leaders can feel confident in the data driven decisions they are making for all students at IDEA Public Schools. Ensuring that 100% of students get the appropriate test, accommodations and testing environment will help us achieve our mission of 100% of students to and through college. When this work is executed successfully, the leadership team can focus on the social emotional support of students and family engagement work
100% of students have high quality testing environments to be able to perform to their best ability
- 100% of testing bins are prepared 72 hours in advance of the testing date. This includes the preparation of small group testing and supplemental materials.
- Review all testing bin contents with teachers 2 days prior to the testing date
- Audit special population testing materials prior to the testing date (SPED, ELL, 504, RTI)
- Manage the state testing materials following district guidelines and is responsible to check state materials in and out of the district
- Ensure that 100% of state testing answer documents are audited and correct before returning them to the district
- Responsible for coordinating with the campus IT department to prepare computers when online testing is the format for delivery
- Write the campus testing plans for each assessment for review from their manager
- Ensure 100% of ELL red folders are up to date and compliant with all district requirements
- Prepare all documents, data and coordinate the staff that need to be present for the Beginning, Middle and End of Year LPAC meeting
100% of stakeholders have access to the appropriate systems and are trained on how to utilize them to the fullest capacity
- Ensure 100% of teachers and leaders have access to all assessment systems required to analyze student data
- Train and support the use of assessment systems at the campus
- Monitor the scanning of assessments to ensure the campus meets the 95% multiple choice components scanned within 24 hours of testing
- Track and monitor testing to ensure 100% of eligible students complete all applicable assessments
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve in the moment
- Open to feedback to improve work
- Compensation for this role typically falls between $13.94 and $16.03 per hour and is commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website