IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Job Title: Bioinformatics Senior Staff Scientist
Location: Coralville, IA/Hybrid
The Bioinformatics Senior Staff Scientist provides IDT customers with bioinformatics and data analysis support for our innovative NGS products. This position requires a broad knowledge base including commonly used bioinformatics software packages, data analysis best practices and outstanding customer service skills and field support experiences.
- Provides customized product design and data analysis support to customers to facilitate adoption of IDT's NGS solutions by working closely with sales, marketing and R&D teams to develop and demonstrate NGS solutions with customer-facing reports for increasing product sales
- Troubleshoots customers' bioinformatics issues related to IDT NGS applications in collaboration with internal R&D team
- Participates actively in product development teams; capturing customer needs and feature requests, support of customer beta tests, and development of training and documentation prior to product launch
- Prepares and delivers presentations based on scientific and technical progress and achievements
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field) with 10 or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- NGS data analysis experience including experience in an external customer facing role required
- In-depth knowledge of gene expression profiling, variant detection and various biological databases required
- Experience with a broad range of common NGS analysis packages, tools, workflows required
- Experience in statistical analysis, algorithm development, database design and development preferred
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals preferred
Other Job Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Unix, Python, R and Perl (Programming and data analysis experience in a distributed Unix environment)
- Knowledge of best-practice data presentation methods for internal and external audiences
What We Offer:
Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
10 Paid Holidays
Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
401(k) with Company Match
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.
Provides customized product design and data analysis support to customers to facilitate adoption of IDT's NGS solutions by working closely with sales, marketing and R&D teams to develop and demonstrate NGS solutions with customer-facing reports for increasing product sales. Troubleshoots customers' bioinformatics issues related to IDT NGS applications in collaboration with internal R&D team. Participates actively in product development teams; capturing customer needs and feature requests, support of customer beta tests, and development of training and documentation prior to product launch. Prepares and delivers presentations based on scientific and technical progress and achievements.
Apply on company website