Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Customer Associate - Registry, Rotating shifts, Weekends only 3p-11:30p or 10:30p -7am
Performs general reception duties including the checking in and out of patients, telephone message retrieval and routing, updating demographic and insurance information, general filing, and maintenance of medical charts.
Customer Associate Responsibilities include:
- Receives and discharges patients, including, but not limited to: greeting, enter accurate demographic and insurance verification, updating information, collection of payments, issuing receipts, notification of clinical staff.
- Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to: scheduling, typing, from completion, photocopying, faxing, mail sorting, filing, maintenance and preparation of medical charts, etc.
- Receives incoming calls, routing same to appropriate party and takes messages according to department protocol or needs of customer. Receives cash and other payments, reconciles balances at end of shift. Makes bank deposits as requested.
- Files and retrieves medical records from storage areas as requested and according to department policy and procedure.
- Performs general clerical duties in the handling of medical records, including, but not limited to: copying, delivering, preparing for transport, mailing, shipping, receiving, faxing, etc. as requested.
- Utilizes reports generated from the computer, calculates and estimates patient charges for the patient and/or guarantor prior to service.
- Communicates payment responsibilities and develops appropriate payment plans to assist the patient.
- Collects payments from patients and/or responsible parties, issues receipts and allocates to appropriate patient accounts.
Customer Associate Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1 to 2 years experience in health care setting, preferred.
- Experience in the basic computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others in areas of continuous process improvement, and customer service.
- Delivery and self-directed team work.
- Previous experience in healthcare environment preferred.
- Moderate typing skills (minimum 30wpm) is required.
Customer Associate Preferred Qualifications:
- Insurance and collections experience
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we're doing work that really matters. Join us!.
Apply on company website