Join Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Registered Nurse with our Hospice Department. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans, organizes, and directs the hospice care of patients in conjunction with the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team. The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care with an emphasis on palliative care, provides education and support to families and caregivers.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient/family hospice needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Develops a care plan which includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures.
- Educates the patient and family (caregiver) in ways to achieve palliative goals.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient, family (caregiver) as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Documents patient and family assessments and interventions.
- Identifies bereavement and discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
- Actively participates with the Interdisciplinary Team to coordinate the care plan.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment, medication and other necessary items and services are available.
- Provides in-service education as requested.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates Hospice Aide care every fourteen days.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current state of Illinois nursing license as an RN.
- Current CPR certification required.
- One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting; previous Hospice experience highly preferred.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Job Type/FTE: PRN
- Shift: Rotating (8-hr shifts)
- Unit/Department: Hospice Care
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website