Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Lab Supervisor - Family Care Center - Calumet City
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Supervisor of Lab Services.
The Supervisor of Lab Services trains, supervises and assumes accountability for laboratory staff in all functions in his/her area of oversight. Provides input for the departmental budget as requested. Teaches theoretical basis of procedures to staff. Collaborates with pathologists on a regular basis to establish critical value limits, workload analysis, method changes, accreditation requirements, method validation, and other tasks to efficiently and accurately perform test analysis. Assumes responsibility of performance appraisals in those sections of responsibility. Troubleshoots problems that may interfere with the operations of the laboratory computer systems. Interfaces with all hospital departments and laboratory clients to provide timely, accurate, and compliant laboratory test results.
Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Supervisor of Lab Services Required Experience:
- Licensure - MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of medical laboratory technical procedures, concepts, and applications normally attained through successful completion of a bachelor's degree with specific training in medical technology and successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination.
- B.S. or B.A. in medical technology or a related laboratory science with successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination and/or certification through ASCP, NAACLS, HEW or equivalent agency.
- 5 (five) years related experience in a clinical laboratory workplace and/or working knowledge of scientific principles attained through a baccalaureate degree and/or laboratory experience as prescribed by CLIA-88.
- Must demonstrate all competencies within identified laboratory department.
- Computer experience in LIS, PC, HIS, Microsoft office, etc. is required.
- 5 (five) years of experience within a clinical laboratory workplace is required to have occurred with no more than a 2 year gap
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we're doing work that really matters. Join us!
Apply on company website