Bring Your Passion To The Forefront:
Pharmacy Technician - Regsitry - Rotating
Location: Main Campus - Harvey
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Pharmacy Technician.
Pharmacy Technician Position Summary:
Under the direct supervision and professional work direction of a pharmacist; processes medication orders, prepares and assists in the dispensing of medications; coordinates the timely processing and delivery of medication orders; and performs the specific functions required in the unit dose, parenteral and packaging areas.
Pharmacy Technician Education and/or Formal Training Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must hold current valid license as a pharmacy technician in the State of Illinois.
- Completion of an ASHP accredited pharmacy technician certification program from an accredited community college or successful completion of ASHP National technician certification examination within one year of employment.
- A high degree of accuracy is constantly required.
- The incumbent must remain alert on all occasions, and must be able to effectively intervene if questions arise as to the status of a medication order.
- The ability to significantly affect patient care is constant.
- Ability to perform work accurately with attention to detail within specified time periods.
- Ability to work cooperatively with health-system and pharmacy staff.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule. Ability to set priorities and solve problems.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing).
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we're doing work that really matters. Join us!.
Apply on company website