Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Rehabilitation Aide at our Tinley Park location.
In this role as a Rehabilitation Aide, you are under the direction of the direction of the Therapy clinical staff and manager, providing support to the department, clinical and clerical staff. This role includes preparing treatment areas for patient care, cleaning of equipment, basic exercise, equipment set up, faxing, maintaining department logs, ordering of equipment, and patient transporting. The therapy aide will be responsible for becoming proficient in Ingalls computer based equipment ordering software, monitoring of supply levels and anticipating department needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare treatment area which may include cleaning, setting up equipment, putting items back where they belong, escorting patients to rooms.
- Provide physical assistance and patient interaction under the direction of licensed clinical staff as allowed by the therapy practice act.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned such as faxing, answering phones, checking voicemails, productivity logs and generating department reports.
- Maintains a safe workspace for provision of patient care and daily department operations.
- Maintains and cleans hot pack and cold pack machines maintains department logs( cleaning, temperature).
- Orders department supplies when needed.
- Orders an stocks linen use in the department.
- Completes yearly hospital competencies.
- Maintains competency for CPR certification in BLS
- One year of prior patient care experience preferred (i.e., Nurses Aide, Physical Therapy Technician, etc). and/or equivalent in customer service industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General clerical skills, including light typing, and experience with Microsoft Office, and may be required to pass basic skills exam.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time
- Shift: Days 8am-4:30pm
- Unit/Department: Outpatient Rehab
- CBA Code: Non
Apply on company website