Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Urgent Aid Tech (ER Tech) Part Time- Days- Calumet City
Urgent Aid Tech Position Summary:
Under the direction of the physician, manager, charge nurse or nurse, performs assigned supportive work in conjunction with the delivery of patient care according to policy, involving respiratory therapy modalities, insertion of peripheral IV catheters, venipuncture and blood specimen collection, insertion of urinary catheters, application/removal of non-invasive cardio respiratory monitors, obtaining EKG, splinting and functional skills. Utilizes interactive processes which will contribute to exceeding the expectation of patients, physicians, families or significant others in the provision of high quality, cost effective care and treatments. Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies. Various degrees of unpredictability can occur from day to day which will require the individual to adapt by making adjustments as required in work schedules and assignments, including lab duties as educated and assigned.
Urgent Aid Tech Required/Preferred Skills:
- Competencies, as required by job description
- General Nursing Care skills
- Selected Respiratory Therapy skills
- Physical Therapy Skills
- Cardiology EKG
- IV Initiation Skills
Urgent Aid Tech Education/Experience:
- Equivalent of 6 months full-time employment involving direct patient care in an acute or pre-hospital setting. This experience must have occurred within two years.
- EMT-P, EMT- B, EMT-I
- Current BLS
- Current ACLS & PALS certification preferred
- Must have a mode of transportation to travel from various clinics when needed.
Apply on company website