We are hiring a User and Computing Tech Support to work in the UCM Technology Services department at UChicago Medicine. This position will be located at Ingalls Memorial Hospital and other UChicago Medicine locations.
The User and Computing Tech Support will be responsible for providing customers with direct technical support for UCMC/BSD supported computer and software with limited direction. This includes monitoring the resolution of problems related to any supported UCMC/BSD device and applications. This support includes but is not limited to PC, Monitors, Windows and Macintosh software, Printers and peripherals such as handhelds, scanners and all applications residing on the standard desktop. Responsibilities also include designing, configuring and installing hardware and end-user applications (i.e. software) and participation in various departmental projects
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for managing support tickets for Windows and Macintosh software/applications and hardware.
- Providing assistance as required, ensuring timely resolution and meeting all established SLA's.
- Resolves service requests from the incident tracking system and ensures requests are handled in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, using remote administration tools when possible to resolve the problem.
- Makes site visits to install/update computer hardware or applications or complete quality assurance reviews or site assessment activities.
- Documents the root cause of problems and the solutions to problems encountered and submits them to the appropriate management and knowledge management areas or systems.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of all end device assets in proper management systems.
- Works effectively as a team member both within the department and across the UCMC/BSD enterprise to promote and integrate information services through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Provide consistent and accurate feedback to engineering teams on system modifications to meet customer needs, improve stability or reliability of core systems.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of all help desk services, processes and procedures.
- Consistently provides guidance/training/mentoring for less experienced team members.
- Periodically interacts with IS teams and vendors to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Models customer service orientation through professional responsive actions in a fast paced and high volume environment.
- Assists help desk support staff as needed to facilitate first call resolution where applicable.
- Participate in on-call pager rotation to provide customer support as needed.
- Conduct specialized user support such as Executive support as requested.
- Provide hardware and software consultations to customers as requested.
- Works with other IS teams to resolve complex customer issues.
- Participate in special projects as required by management.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in related technical area or technical training/experience equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum four years' experience providing support of customer trouble tickets and effectively troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems over the telephone and/or in person required (using remote administration tools and on site).
- A+ technical ability
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to empathize, focusing on client service required.
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-through required.
- Independent problem-solver. Sorts through issues and conducts comparative analysis of multiple solutions required.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills, demonstrating initiative in the resolution of problems required.
- In-depth understanding of PC hardware and software, operating systems and applications, networking topology and wireless infrastructure as well as peripherals required.
- Effective time management skills required, with the ability to complete projects and daily responsibilities both timely and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers, peers and managers required.
- Dedication to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber required.
- Knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning required.
- Experience in hardware and software design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting required.
- Intermediate knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, servers, workstations, operating systems, and applications required.
- 24 x 7 x 365 support requirements. Available to work after hours and weekends, as required.
- A+ certification from an accredited facility preferred.
- MCA or MCSE certification by accredited facility preferred.
- Macintosh support experience preferred.
- Experience with a help tracking system preferred.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Day, with On-Call Shifts
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Location: Chicago, IL (Ingalls Memorial)
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
This team is medium size made up of 16 staff members. The team works well together and supports each other. The main locaton is at Ingalls Memorial Hospital. However, this person could possibly be resolving tickets in other UChicago Medicine locations.
Apply on company website