Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Advanced Practice Provider (Sign-On Bonus available)
The Inova LJ Murphy Childrens Hospital is seeking an experienced APP for its growing pediatric and adult congenital cardiac surgery program. The Inova LJ Murphy Childrens Hospital is located on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. The childrens hospital is an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to all aspects of the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
APPs can expect to manage a wide variety of complex congenital heart defects in all age populations ranging from neonates to adults, including implantation of assist devices and transplantation.
Compensation commensurate with experience, including evening, night, and weekend differential pay, time-and-a-half on holidays, generous CME, reimbursement for licensing, DEA registration, 403B/401K retirement programs, health and dental insurances, and many more competitive benefits. The APP can expect to work 4-5 days per week, 8-10 hour days depending on workflow and patient needs. Call for OR emergencies only every 3rd night and every 3rd weekend. Holiday coverage likely call from home based on patient/team needs.
This position is eligible for a $20,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Advanced Practice Providers with at least two years of experience in Pediatric/Congenital Cardiovascular surgery are eligible to receive a $20,000 sign on bonus. Accepting the bonus requires a 1 year employment agreement.
- Performs high-quality clinical practices and effective patient management, under physician supervision, in accordance with state regulations, including primary and secondary specialty care in clinical and/or surgical practice settings.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to provide peri-operative care for pediatric and adult congenital patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Perform procedures as cardiac surgery first and second assistant.
- Demonstrates technical expertise with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provide comprehensive congenital cardiac surgery postoperative care management
- Participation in daily multidisciplinary surgical rounds in collaboration with the surgeons, ICU physicians and cardiologists to adjust plans of care.
- Preoperative consultation, patient education and post-operative follow-up in the outpatient clinic.
- Bedside procedures such as removal of chest drains and pacing wires.
- Contribute to data collection and reporting to national databases
- Coordinate and maintains communications with family members, nursing staff, consulting physicians and attending physicians in person and by phone before patient admissions, during patient stays and after patient discharges.
- Active involvement in staff education.
- Serves as a role model/preceptor for new APPs and students, as evidenced by direct observation
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with all members of the health care team.
- Display respect for and appreciation for the contribution from all team members to foster positive working relationships.
- Participates in Quality/Best Practice initiatives by utilizing standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery to continuously improve patient care and enhance outcomes.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Board Certified Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with RNFA certification. Maintains necessary CME requirements.
- Virginia state license and DEA registration eligible.
- 2 years of experience in pediatric/congenital cardiac surgery first assisting, preferred.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification
For more information email Rachel Hill, Provider Recruiter at Rachel.Hill@inova.org
Apply on company website