Requisition Number: 75516
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The Senior Financial Operations Manager position will work directly with the Director of Finance Operations of North America on all corporate financial operations functions for the services division and corporate summary billing functions. This includes the internal and external audit process, preparation and reconciliation of corporate financial reports, financial analysis, and summary billing operational functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monthly financial closing duties to include review of standard journals entries and adjusting entries.
- Perform monthly audit and review of supporting documentation on all revenue and cost accruals submitted for entry.
- Perform monthly system reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of the SAP automated settlement process as it relates to financial postings and revenue recognition.
- Perform analytical review of service expense and revenue to ensure profit margins are in line with business expectation; then calculate appropriate adjusting entry.
- Ensure service revenue and expenses are properly recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Communicate extensively with Service Field Managers and Operations Coordinators and other departments to ensure confidence and enhance the cross functional relationships within the company.
- Answer and provide guidance to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting business and financial data.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and revision of financial reports for the services division.
- Assist with maintaining a system of internal financial controls and the integrity of financial records.
- Audit preparation and documentation support and information as needed for internal and external audits.
- Serve as a Superuser and perform responsibilities as it pertains to design and set up of SAP CRM accounting systems, including review, analyze and evaluate programs and create documentation of critical processes and procedures within the financial reporting area.
- Prepare analyses and conduct special projects as requested by management.
- Attend and participate in the Finance team meetings and all staff meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Must have analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self Starter with a strong work ethic
- Must be efficient, reliable and adaptable to change while maintaining high productivity levels under stressful deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Excel skills
- SAP/CRM skills preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in labor based service industry is preferred
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; in Accounting, Finance or related field. A minimum of 3 years General Accounting and Finance experience.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Addison || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Addison, IL ||
Apply on company website