Requisition Number: 76114
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Individual is responsible for managing the financial services department, in whole or in part. Responsibilities, include but are not limited to, overseeing the efforts to resolve outstanding customer balances, analysis and granting of net terms, and credit card authorization and verification procedures. Decision making responsibilities include write-off authority for bad debt and disputed balances, extension of net terms, and order release approval. Individual is responsible for maintaining receivable portfolio and order backlog figures within established parameters. Attention to detail, the ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment are imperative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Approval of bad debt and disputed balance write-offs.
* Reporting related to productivity, aging, and overal portfolio health.
* Decisions related to removing credit lines on severly past due accounts.
* Interacting with sales, other support departments and external customers.
* Approval of credit applications and credit line increases.
* Decisions related to approving orders.
* Reviewing D&B and banking information.
* Financial statement analysis.
* Verification of credit card data.
* Chargeback resolution.
* Issuance and invoicing of credit memos.
* Releasing orders.
* Payroll and personnel matters.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accountancy/Finance from four-year college or university; minimum 2 years related experience and/or training in a supervisory position of credit, collections and/or credit card services department.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website