Receive all incoming product, including special handling of small shipments. Pick, Pack, and QC all Shipping orders, including special handling of small shipments. Teammates will follow all Insight policies and procedures. Each person is accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and / or departmental metrics
What you’ll do at Insight
- Verify contents of shipment compared to shipping documents while noting any discrepancies or damage.
- Operate computer terminal to enter receipts and printer to print labels.
- Pick, outbound orders using RF scanners
- Verify quantity and the correct products
- Select the right size of boxes and pack the product, send the boxes onto conveyor line to be QC in the upper mezzanine
- QC’ers Operate computer terminal to enter handling units and verify orders with the correct count and the correct product and print shipping labels
- Accurately label the boxes and send to the conveyor line for metering
- Accurately mark the correct number on product, and correctly label products.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to join Insight
- High School Education or equivalent with at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
- Must have knowledge of Shipping, warehouse and safety procedures and some computer experience
- Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills
- Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion
- Must have the capability to use RF technology
- Possession a valid forklift certification would be a plus
- Knowledge of a WMS system, SAP preferred
- Knowledge of FedEx, UPS and DHL Power Stations
- Ability to type 25-40 wpm
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, and operate a computer, telephone, keyboard; reach, stoop and kneel to handle material handling equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required - able to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes, but not limited to:
- Moderate noise (conveyor system, etc.)
- Ability to work safely around moving equipment such as forklifts, moving conveyors etc.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in changing climate environments, i.e., cold during winter months and heat during summer months.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website