In partnership with the Connections Planning Team, the Manager of Media Strategy & Planning plays the critical role of translating the activity brief into a holistic media and channel plan, serving as a key conduit through media agency partners and in-house biddable media teams. Once the activity brief and channel plan(s) are aligned, the Manager leads the process and is ultimately accountable for bringing the plan to life through tactical channel and partner allocations.
- Manage daily interactions with Connections Planning and/or Brand Leadership to ensure ongoing media deliverables across the various plan development, implementation, execution and post-campaign phases.
- Lead the general day-to-day functions with the agency team to create and/or deliver on objectives tied to media strategy plans and investments.
- Enable and oversee the integrated brand-reporting of media performance documents (dashboard reporting) as needed by cross functional team members for internal and external purposes.
- Work closely with the brand and marketing teams on creative messaging strategy to ensure the media and creative are cohesive and aligned across all channels.
- Oversee and be accountable for the brand media budget, with billing and invoice support from the Associate Manager, MS&P; this process spans the National/Local disciplines to ensure all expenses are on time and on budget:
- Maintain media plan budgets and billings
- Generate and communicate necessary financial records (NAF, AFA and Local Checkbooks), including cross-comparing actuals vs. plans to better enable accruals and forecasts
- Proper management and reconciliation of all account budgets in accordance with media authorizations
- Develop and maintain relationships with agency personnel related to budget management processes and deliverables
- Ensure key information is provided to appropriate individuals and teams regarding budget management issues
- Budgeting and forecasting company revenues and internal operating expenses, as well as reconciling data from multiple financial databases
- Interface with external/internal teams in managing requests concerning processes and deliverables. This will include but not be limited to internal brand and enterprise analytics teams and 3rd party auditors
- Serve as the primary POC for all media vendors
- Ensure flawless execution across the various steps required to ensure proper asset alignment (including creative & traffic fulfillment) across media buys; this will include verification of coding/tagging as necessary across TV/Digital buys for measurement reporting and accuracy
- Represent brand interests/updates as a contributor in our regular status meetings (both internal and external) to help prioritize deliverables and timelines across Commercial Services
- Represent MS&P at internal or external brand meetings as needed
- Agency and Cross-Functional Internal Teams Collaboration
- Lead the agency relationship at the “pod” level
- Lead competitive tracking on a regular basis and/or as needed
- Partner with the media analytics team to measure impact of ongoing campaigns and overall plan
- Partner with Connections Planning teams to develop a learning agenda and testing roadmap based on the brand's objectives, insights, and key challenges
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 year degree preferred
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in marketing and / or media
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and managing multiple tasks
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Ability to lead teams and deliver results
- Excellent project management skills (proficiency in Excel/PPT/SharePoint will be key)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Personal integrity, humility, an appreciation for the power of true teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Passion for the restaurant industry and desire to train in our restaurants to learn operations. A strong desire to help shape the future at Inspire Brands
- Self-starter personality who can operate with minimal supervision
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby's, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin', Jimmy John's, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We're made up of some of the world's most iconic restaurant brands, but we're much more than just a restaurant company. We're a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple—it's an experience. At Inspire, that's our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
Apply on company website