DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated Laboratory Supervisor like you to join our organization. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Laboratory Supervisor, supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and daily operations in assigned areas/shifts to achieve organization and regulatory requirements. You will supervise personnel, processes, service levels, regulatory compliance and service levels in designated areas. Functional areas of responsibility include specialty processes, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing.
- Concurrently monitors employee and departmental performance to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, timelines and regulatory requirements
- Reviews all departmental policies and procedures at least annually and revises, as needed.
- Develops, implements and monitors new policies and procedures as needed
- Ensures that department employees attend all mandatory IRL/departmental in-services and staff meetings
Quality Improvement Functions:
- Develops monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
- Evaluates existing systems and processes and develops corrective action plans for service/quality trends identified Initiates changes and monitors for improvement
- Ensures that departments proactively respond to feedback from customers (internal and external) and implements improvement mechanisms to enhance the overall ability of the department to meet the customer's needs for laboratory services
- Concurrently monitors resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems
- Responsible to ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment
- Ensures legal and ethical practices are always maintained
- Prepares and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
Human Resource Functions:
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures; fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations
- Screens, interviews and selects qualified individuals for open positions within the department
- Reviews all department employee job descriptions at least annually and revises, as needed.
- Provides employees with a new job description if substantive changes are made
- Completes and conducts performance evaluations for all staff under direct supervision after three months of employment and annually, in a timely manner
- Maintains department education files, including new employee orientation checklist, equipment training checklist, mandatory in-service attendance confirmation and continuing education
- Develops and monitors improvement action plans, as needed, to correct poor job performance
- Initiates counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures
- Terminations, status changes, and other personnel actions are completed in a timely fashion
- Reviews and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests
- Employee injuries are reported within specified time frames and IRL policy/procedure for work related injuries is followed and supported
- State of Florida Technologist license required
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree is required
- 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist is required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website