Director Compliance & Privacy - Compliance Department - INTEGRIS
Job Code: 0134
Responsible for the development and periodic review of compliance and privacy related policies and procedures; the development and facilitation of compliance training and education programs, will communicate compliance and/or coding problems to appropriate liaison and other appropriate responsible parties, including executive management or Board Committees in one-on-one or group meetings and presentations. Will advise and verify when regulatory changes are made and ensure that proper changes are implemented. Will be the authority to answer and address questions from all system clinics, agencies, and/or responsible parties, with the ability to handle several diverse projects/assignments simultaneously. Develops compliance audit plan and assists with the development of well-focused audits and monitoring methods with respect to specific issues within his/her expertise. Reviews, generates and disseminates audits and compliance related reports. Will utilize critical thinking skills as a self-starter, problem resolution, analysis, and negotiation.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Director Compliance & Privacy's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develops policies and procedures as it relates to Medicare, Medicaid and other Federal or State regulatory billing compliance and privacy.
* Develops, coordinates, and participates in a educational and training programs that focus on the elements of the compliance program.
* Develops annual audit plan relating to compliance and privacy and assists with the development of auditing, monitoring and tracking methods.
* Responsible for quality control with regard to competency. Assists with the development of competency testing for staff at corporate and departmental levels.
* Builds, develops and maintains operations to support strategic direction for areas of responsibility.
* Establishes operations initiatives for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery of services, and employee relations.
* Establishes operations standards and policies for service delivery, customer service and fiscal responsibility.
Reports to Vice President.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): No
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree in business, health-care administration, area of clinical expertise, or other related field
* Masters degree preferred
* 7 years experience in the field
* Knowledgeable of healthcare compliance laws and regulations
* Knowledge of leadership, management, and quality improvement concepts
* Knowledge of coding and healthcare billing requirements
* Knowledge of HIPAA privacy requirements preferred
Apply on company website