ECMO Nurse Program Manager
Job Code: 1378
The ECMO Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the short-term support ECMO program, caring for patients with cardiac and respiratory failure. This position will interface with nursing, respiratory therapy, perfusion, administrators, and transport services. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The ECMO Program Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manages department staff, including hiring, training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Review budget and maintain adequate productivity numbers
* Oversee equipment ordering and inventory
* Oversee billing process for ECMO program
* Serves as a resource and consultant to staff and participates in endeavors to increase ECMO knowledge
* Assess competency of other specialists on an on-going basis as well as their adherence to IBMC short-term support program policies; intervene when necessary and provide additional instruction; maintain annual education.
* Serves as liaison between Perfusion, Respiratory Care Services and other hospital services. Communicates regularly with management of other hospital departments in order to coordinate the various clinical services offered by the ECMO Department in order to ensure a coordinated program of care for patients.
* Assist with development and maintenance of policies, procedures and clinical standards of care related to the IBMC short term support program and short term support patients.
* Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives to identify problem areas, research concerns and provide possible resolutions. Ensures all activities are in regulatory compliance with CMS, TJC, ELSO, hospital bylaws.
* Coordinates educational activities of the Extra Corporeal Life Support Specialists, medical staff, nursing staff, patients and families, and other allied health services to ensure that knowledge and ability for safe and competent clinical performance of ECMO procedures are maintained.
* Maintain expert knowledge and familiarity of equipment and disposables utilized for short term support cannulations
* Participate in marketing and outreach events across the region
* Oversees the data collection process in order to trend outcomes and potential complications
Reports to the Administrative Director of IACC
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids. May be up 24 hours or longer at a time assisting with transplant procedures and patient care. Assumes 24-hour on-call responsibilities as scheduled.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree preferred
* Must have an OK nursing license
* Previous Clinical or Hospital Experience required
* MCS experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* Must have organizational skills and ability to use Microsoft word, excel, and other data management programs
* This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
Apply on company website